Congratulations, you just got an app for your business. Now what? “If you build it they will come” may have worked for Kevin Costner, but it wont work for apps; you have to promote it, the good news is, its fun, easy, inexpensive and can prove to be very effective.
Here are 5 quick tips on how you can promote your app, build your audience and start to see some ROI.
1) Share you app – this may seem like a no brainer, but so many businesses make the mistake of forgetting to share their app. A mobile app is the most consistent connection between you and your customers, and they’ll always want a convenient way to access your deals. Use your Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn profiles to promote your app as often as possible.
2) Write your local Press- Neil Patel says: "Press is the best way to kick start your startup, and the best way to get it is to manually reach out to journalists."
3) Dedicate a page – Make your app a big deal on your web site by dedicating one page to it. This page should have a few app screen shots, some quick benefit information and a link so they can download it. And you’re done!
4) Run a contest- For example; if you own a food truck, have your customers take a selfie with your food. The best picture can win a prize of you choice
5) Cross promote- Get other businesses involved by promoting their coupons in your app. If you’re a real estate agent, invite a local contractors or electricians to promote their businesses with you. By doing that you’ll gain two businesses promoting your services and your app becomes a needed resource.
Start putting these practices into action and you’ll see your downloads jump right away.