February 15th we began planning out the next 12 months and our plan of action in driving awareness to the mobile app.
The purpose of the mobile app is to bring local businesses and community together in one convenient location with local coupons, event information and business resources. To sum up the projects overall message and create a call to action we came up with the "THINK LOCAL" concept and carried this throughout our branding.
In order for this project to be a success we would need the support and engagement of two audiences:
- The local community
- The local business community
What's in it for each?
The local community would benefit from exclusive discounts from local businesses as well as updates about important community information.
The local businesses would benefit by having the ability to reach the local community in a new modern way. With helpful business resources and local development information we wanted to re-establish the MBA as a helpful and convenient resource for businesses and the local community.
Key Components & Initiatives:
- Mobile App
- Window Sticker to Promote App
- Video Interview: Feature One Local Business Per Month with Video Interview and Host Special In-App Coupon Offer
- Social Media Updates: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Periscope etc.
- Email Campaign to Promote/Highlight "Featured Business of the Month"
- MBA Street Banners: Put back up the MBA Mobile App Banners
- Create Standing Banner for Events to Promote App
- Flyers: Go door to door to pass out flyers drive awareness of app and ask them to place window sticker on there door